Marketing and Social Media Internship 2019-’20
The Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh is seeking a part-time intern/apprentice with an interest in marketing and social media for the 2019-2020 Season.
What You Will Learn
The Marketing and Social Media Internship will give you hands-on, practical experience in arts marketing, with an emphasis on communications, sales, social media, database management and strategic planning. You’ll learn about cutting-edge approaches to arts marketing being implemented locally and nationally. You’ll help with the planning and implementation of marketing strategies and employ social media strategies to promote MCP news and events.
- Draft e-blasts, press releases, and web communications as needed
- Design and create compelling photography and video for social media posts, training provided
- Find and submit MCP events to local and regional web-based event listings
- Assist with updating customer database
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with various social media platforms, including drafting posts, etc.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual office environment
- Comfort with and enthusiasm for learning new technologies
- 3 years of college and/or graduate school with a demonstrated interest in arts marketing, public relations, or arts management
- Access to transportation and ability to occasionally attend rehearsals and performances
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written, are required
- Access to laptop or personal computer required
This is an unpaid internship*. Hours are 10-15 hours per week. Scheduling is flexible. MCP operates a virtual office environment, with occasional meetings located at Heinz Hall, 600 Penn Avenue, Downtown Pittsburgh.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and writing samples (your choice) to Maggie Richardson, Marketing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This internship may be eligible for off-campus work study programs.