Online! Click the links below to watch!
UPDATE: In solidarity with the many who are mourning lives lost through police brutality and the tearing apart of communities because of racism and unequal justice, we have decided to postpone tomorrow’s live online event. #TheShowMustBePaused
Many thanks for your continued support. Stay tuned here and on social media for updates.
On Wednesday, June 3, join Matthew Mehaffey, Music Director of the Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh and composer/arranger Steve Hackman LIVE as they offer an exclusive, behind-the-scenes experience of The Times They Are A-Changin’: The Words and Music of Bob Dylan, the landmark work that was premiered by the MCP in January 2018 at Mr. Smalls Theatre in Pittsburgh. Having launched it to great critical acclaim, Hackman has gone on to perform the work with esteemed choruses around the country, including the Nashville Symphony Chorus, New York City’s Baldwin Festival Chorus, and others.
Cozy up on Wednesday, with your favorite beverage on your favorite couch and bring your questions for this interactive event. New to watching online? It’s easy! Just click either of the links above (pick YouTube if you don’t have a Facebook account) from any device. No login or registration required.
Read what the critics had to say about our January 2018 performance:
- The Times They Are A-Changin’ – Lance Jones, 11 February 2018
- The music of Bob Dylan, served with a classical twist – The Pittsburgh Jewish Chronicle, 31 January 2018
- Concert review: Mendelssohn Choir premieres Bob Dylan oratorio – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 26 January 2018
- Mendelssohn Choir Rocks Bob Dylan with Steve Hackman at the Helm – Wavy Alabaster, 26 January 2018
- The world premiere of Steve Hackman’s The Times They Are A-Changin’ | performed by the Mendelssohn Choir this week – Pittsburgh City Paper, 24 January 2018
- Mendelssohn Choir sings the music of the legendary Bob Dylan – PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW, 23 January 2018
- Mendelssohn Choir is ready to get tangled up in Dylan – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 23 January 2018
- Mendelssohn does Dylan in Millvale – The Beaver County Times, 17 January 2018
- Mendelssohn Choir takes on music of Bob Dylan – The Almanac, 12 January 2018
- Aspinwall’s Peter King will sing Bob Dylan covers at Mr. Smalls with Mendelssohn Choir – PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW, 10 January 2018